Manipal Institute of Technology
THE MANIPAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (MIT), MANIPAL WAS ESTABLISHED IN 1957 AS ONE OF THE FIRST SELF-FINANCING ENGINEERING COLLEGES IN THE COUNTRY
In 2000, it became a constituent institute of the deemed university - Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE), which is known today as Manipal Academy of Higher Education.
MIT offers a Bachelor’s and Master’s program in engineering streams. It also gives students the option to carry out full-time or part time research. The minimum duration for postgraduate qualified PhD students is three years for full time, and four years for part-time. There is a one year relaxation for applicants with an MPhil degree
The institute undertakes sponsored research programmes supported by funding agencies such as DST, CSIR, AICTE and the Ministry of Environmental Sciences. It has collaborative research programs in association with premier research laboratories and institutes in India and abroad.
PROGRAMS OFFERED AT MANIPAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
- B.Tech - Bachelor of Technology
- B.Tech - Aeronautical Engineering
- B.Tech - Automobile Engineering
- B.Tech - Biomedical Engineering
- B.Tech - Biotechnology
- B.Tech - Chemical Engineering
- B.Tech - Civil Engineering
- B.Tech - Computer & Comm. Engineering
- B.Tech - Computer Science & Engineering
- B.Tech - Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- B.Tech - Electronics and Comm. Engineering
- B.Tech - Industrial & Production Engineering
- B.Tech - Information Technology
- B.Tech - Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
- B.Tech - Mechatronics Engineering
- B.Tech - Media Technology
- B.Tech - Mechanical Engineering
Pass in 10+2 / A Level / IB / American 12th grade or equivalent with Physics, Mathematics and English as compulsory subjects along with Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology / any technical vocational subjects as optional, from a recognized Board, with minimum 50 % aggregate marks taken together in Physics, Mathematics and any one of the optional subjects.
Manipal Entrance Test (MET) 2019
BARCH - NATA or JEE Mains Paper II + Pass in 10+2 with 50% Aggregate Marks taken together in PCM.