Vellore Institute of Technology
It was established under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission (UGC) Act, 1956, and was founded in 1984 as a self-financing institution called the Vellore Engineering College. The Union Ministry of Human Resources Development conferred University status on Vellore Engineering College in 2001.
VIT was established with the aim of providing quality higher education on par with international standards. It persistently seeks and adopts innovative methods to improve the quality of higher education on a consistent basis.The campus has a cosmopolitan atmosphere with students from all corners of the globe. Experienced and learned teachers are strongly encouraged to nurture the students. The global standards set at VIT in the field of teaching and research spur us on in our relentless pursuit of excellence. In fact, it has become a way of life for us.
The highly motivated youngsters on the campus are a constant source of pride. Our Memoranda of Understanding with various international universities are our major strength. They provide for an exchange of students and faculty and encourage joint research projects for the mutual benefit of these universities. Many of our students, who pursue their research projects in foreign universities, bring high quality to their work and esteem to India and have done us proud. With steady steps, we continue our march forward.
Courses Offered :
- B.Tech - Bachelor of Technology
- B.Tech - Aeronautical Engineering
- B.Tech - Automobile Engineering
- B.Tech - Biomedical Engineering
- B.Tech - Biotechnology
- B.Tech - Chemical Engineering
- B.Tech - Civil Engineering
- B.Tech - Computer & Comm. Engineering
- B.Tech - Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- B.Tech - Electronics and Comm. Engineering
- B.Tech - Industrial & Production Engineering
- B.Tech - Information Technology
- B.Tech - Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
Pass in 10+2 / A Level / IB / American 12th grade or equivalent with Physics, Mathematics and English as compulsory subjects from a recognized Board, with minimum 50 % aggregate marks.
Candidate should attend VITEEE 2019 Entrance Exam